Below you will find citations and links to outcome studies demonstrating the efficacy of applied behavior analysis for children with developmental disabilities. The programming that CEAS provides corresponds strongly to the types of methods and programs implemented in these studies. Additionally, we have provided links to books that many families have found very useful in helping them understand the behavioral approach to treatment.
Behavioral Intervention for Young Children with Autism: A manual for parents and professionals by 24 contributors.
-Maurice C., Greene G., Luce, S. (1996).
A Work in Progress: Behavior Management Strategies & A Curriculum for Intensive Behavioral Treatment of Autism.
-Leaf, J., John, M., Harsh, J., & Leaf, R. (1999) .
-R. Leaf, J. McEachin, M. Taubman.
Empirical Research Supporting the Effectiveness of ABA
- Outcome of Comprehensive Psycho-educational Interventions for Young Children with Autism (PDF)
- Age at Intervention and Treatment Outcome for Autistic Children in A Comprehensive Intervention Program (PDF)
- A comparison of Intensive Behavior Analytic and Eclectic Treatments for Young Children with Autism (PDF)
- Behavioral Treatment and Normal Educational and Intellectual Functioning in Young Autistic Children (PDF)
- Long-Term Outcome for Children With Autism Who Received Early Intensive Behavioral Treatment (PDF)
- Early Intensive Behavioral Intervention: Outcomes for Children With Autism and Their Parents After Two Years (PDF)